Live Pitch & Presentation Guidelines
Semifinalist teams are invited to provide a live pitch at the Ohio Competition on Jan. 29 at the Student Center located on the campus of Cleveland State University. The live pitches will be delivered to a panel of judges comprised of venture capital and private equity professionals, and entrepreneurs in front of a live audience of Ohio Competition attendees. In preparation for the live pitches, each semifinalist team will be matched with experienced entrepreneurs and technical experts, who will work closely with teams to evaluate and fine-tune their commercialization strategy. These mentors will help each semifinalist team refine and strengthen their materials and live investor pitch for the Ohio Competition on Jan. 29.
Live Pitch Guidelines
- Teams will have eight (8) uninterrupted minutes to present their idea, followed by up to ten (10) minutes of Q&A from the panel of judges.
- Teams can assume that the judges have read their full applications.
- Once a team has finished its presentation, it may observe both the presentation and Q&A session of the teams that follow. Teams may NOT observe other presentations until after they have made their own presentations.
- The order of presentations will be determined randomly.
- Teams will be required to submit an electronic copy of any materials they intend to use in their live pitch ahead of time.
- The Ohio winner and any additional award recipients will be announced during the Awards Reception.
Teams are highly encouraged to review the evaluation criteria as a guide for information to be communicated in the live pitch. To view evaluation criteria, click here
- Presentations materials must be standard definition. High definition presentation materials CANNOT be accommodated.
- Presentations will be displayed on screens that can accommodate a 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Teams must provide an electronic copy of their presentation and a print copy of their presentation slides during the team registration on Jan. 28.
- Teams must bring their presentation on a CD-ROM or thumb drive. Drives and CD-ROMs will NOT be returned. We encourage you to bring extra copies of your presentation as a backup.
- Teams must submit a printed copy of their presentation slides numbered in the order they are to appear. Please highlight any active links on the printed copy.
- Please deliver the presentation and printed copy of your slides in an envelope labeled with your team name, team lead name, and a cell phone number where you can be reached should we have any issues uploading your file.
- Presentations MUST be in their final format and cannot be changed after they have been submitted. Please carefully review your presentation for mistakes and typos prior to submission.
- Once presentations are delivered, they will be uploaded to the computer that will be used for the presentation run-through on Jan. 28, and the live pitches on Jan. 29.
- 2014 Ohio Clean Energy Challenge
- Challenge Overview
- Ohio Competition
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- 2014 Semi-Finalist Teams
- Awards & Prizes
- Ohio Mentorship Program
- How To Apply
- Team Schedule
- Challenge Checklist
- Eligibility Requirements
- Live Pitch & Presentation Guidelines
- Evaluation Criteria
- Challenge Webinars
- Challenge Champions
- 2013 Ohio Challenge Featured Teams
Registration Deadline: Feb. 21
To register to attend the 2014 Ohio Clean Energy Challenge on Fri., Feb. 28, 2014, click the link below.